Thursday, April 05, 2018
Know, dear son, that days are but hours, and hours are but breaths, and every soul is a container, hence let not any breath pass without any benefit, such as on the Day of Judgment you find an empty container and feel regret! Be aware of every hour and how it passes, and only spend it in the best possible way; do not neglect yourself, but render it accustomed to the noblest and best of actions, and send to your grave that which will please you when you arrive to it."
This world is transitory and our life therein but a moment borrowed, our breaths numbered, yet our indifference reckless. [Abu Bakr al Siddiq]
Strive for Paradise. A small nook within its bliss is better than the whole world and all the riches within. [al Hadith]
A believer is never tired of hearing about good deeds until he enters Paradise. [al Hadith]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 6:08 PM
Wednesday, March 28, 2018
2. To find out what one is fitted to do, and to secure an opportunity to do it, is the key to happiness.
3. Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
4. Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction.
5. The one thing that over comes hard luck is hard work.
6. The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
7. The best prize life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
8. Sometimes it takes a disaster to wake us up and make us realize the blessings we have.
9. Too often it takes a direct confrontation with one's mortality to learn the value of the
limited time we have on earth.
10. Many of us believe that time is money. Time isn't money; time is everything. The way
we spend our time is what our life is all about.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:00 PM
Tuesday, March 20, 2018
If you avoid the great sins which you are forbidden, WE will remit from you your evil deeds, and make you enter a Gate of Honor. And do not covet the things in which Allah has made some of you excel others. To men is allotted a share of what they earn, and to women a share of what they earn, (Do not fall prey to envy), but ask Allah of His bounty. For Allah has
full knowledge of all things. [4: 31,32]
Hadith of the Day:
The most excellent worship is expectation of relief. [Tirmidhi]
Wise Quote of the Day:
You can't separate peace from freedom, because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom. [Malcolm X]
Guidance of the Day:
The root cause of all of the diseases of the heart is love of the temporal world and self satisfaction. The source of every disobedience, indifference, and passion is self satisfaction. The source of every obedience, vigilance, and virtue is dissatisfaction with one's self. It is better for you to keep company with an ignorant man dissatisfied with himself than to keep company with a learned man satisfied with himself. For what knowledge is there in a self satisfied scholar? And what ignorance is there in an unlearned man dissatisfied with himself?
There are three signs of being overly content with the soul. First is being sensitive to one's own rights and indifferent to the rights of others. In Islam, one's responsibilities preponderate over one's rights. The second is ignoring one's faults, as if he has none, while being preoccupied with the faults of others. A contented eye does not see faults. The third sign is giving oneself too much leniency. [Purification of the Heart]
Food for Thought:
An educated person learns from all ages, even from the last minutes of his life, he accepts and understands his own mortality and its reasons. he understands that without death and aging nothing would have any meaning.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 3:41 PM
Wednesday, March 07, 2018
What are some of the secrets of success in life?
I found the answer right there in my room;
The fan said; Be cool.
The roof said; Aim high.
The window said; See the world.
The clock said; Every minute is precious.
The mirror said; Reflect before you react.
The door said; Push hard for you goals.
And don't forget, the carpet said;
Kneel down and pray.
Have a beautiful day!
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 2:28 PM
Thursday, February 22, 2018
that happens, but it has been revealed to the saints that secondary causes
are no more than a veil.
2. Each and every part of the world is a snare for the fool, and a means of
deliverance for the wise.
3. When patience and intellect go, your ego incites to evil.
4. The sensual ego is blind and deaf to God.
5. Things become clear through their opposites. God created suffering
and heartache so that joyful-heart might appear through its opposite.
6. No opposite can be known without its opposite. Having suffered a
blow, you will know a caress.
7. Everything is good and perfect in relation to God. For example; in a
king's realm there are prisons, gallows, robes of honor, estates, banquets,
etc. In relation to the king, everything is good.
8. Knowledge and wisdom exist to distinguish the right from the wrong,
if everything were the right way, the wisdom would be useless.
9. Commands are only proper if the act which is commanded is disliked
by him who is commanded to perform it. Like wise, it is not proper to prohibit
things which man dislikes. You cannot say; "Do not eat stones and thorns,"
and if you say it, it is not a prohibition. [Spiritual Teachings of Rumi]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 10:46 AM
Saturday, February 03, 2018
The acts of those who repudiate their Lord are like ash blown violently by the wind on a stormy day.
They have no control over any thing they have earned, that is the outlandish error. [14: 18]
Hadith of the Day:
Do not hate or envy one another. Instead, be slaves to Allah and brothers. [Bukhari & Muslim]
Wise Quote of the Day:
Understanding is what makes relationships. Many a spoken word is more piercing than an attack.
[Ali radi Allah anhu]
Guidance of the Day:
Stay away from debt in your personal life. Debt, not poverty, is the greatest enemy of financial
well-being and peace of mind. There are massive forces arrayed in the world to tell you of the
great benefits of debt. They will tell you that by borrowing you establish your legitimacy in the
eyes of lenders, and that you can have tomorrow's pleasures at today's prices.
They will present arguments and inducements that are convincing and seductive. They dress
debt in a suit and call it credit. But it all comes down to the same thing: You have mortgaged
your future to pay for your present, and this is something you don't ever want to do. Debt can
make you money because it allows you to invest. Debt can help you in the present and leave
your problems for what you hope will be a better time in the future.
But debt defines your future, and when your future is defined, hope begins to die. You have
committed your life to making money to pay for your past. Stay away from debt if you can.
There is no sadder sight than the person with dreams and promise whose eyes have dulled
and whose days are spent pushing the heavy wheel of debt toward an endless horizon.
[Simple Truths by Kent Nerburn]
Food for Thought:
Be careful what you wish for. The faculties of humanity were not given in order to gain
worldly life like an animal.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 4:52 PM
Sunday, January 07, 2018
two companions who will accompany you in your grave when your family, wealth,
children, and friends stay behind. [Imam al Ghazali]
2. Every attribute that appears in the heart leaves traces on the limbs, and every action
of the limbs can leave traces in the heart, so the relationship is reciprocal. [Zafar Othmani]
3. The quality of our supplication (dua) depends upon the purity of our hearts, for it is
with our hearts that we connect to God. [Imam Mohammad Magid]
4. If you remember death and prepare for its coming, you will know endless joy when
death arrives, whereas if you are complacent and procrastinate, death will come to you
at an unforeseen moment and you will know regrets without end. [Imam al Ghazali]
5. Each of your breaths is a priceless jewel, can never be retrieved. Do not be like the
deceived fools who are joyous because of an increase in their wealth while their life
shortens. [Imama al Haddad]
6. The disobedience that begets humility and broken heartedness is better than the
obedience that begets honor and pride. [Ibn Ata'Allah]
7. Whoever truly follow the Prophet (peace be upon him) do not have their own
choice in matters. Rather, nothing stirs in their hearts except that which Allah and
His messenger love. [Sahl al Tustari]
8. Be with the people in such a way that if you should die, they weep for you; and if
you live, they long for you. [Ali radi Allah anhu]
9. If you do not believe that God can take you at this moment and make you one of
His saintly believers (awliya), then you are ignorant of His power. [Ibn Ata'Allah]
10. Be not content with the stories of those who went before you -- go forth and create
your own story. [Maulana Rumi]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 5:03 PM