Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Pearls of Wisdom 406
2. Don't just do what you feel like doing; instead do what the Lord asks of you.
3. Who is wealthy? He who is content with what he has.
4. The fear of God may indeed be the beginning of wisdom and the corner stone of proper living.
5. When we have learned how to live, life itself is a reward.
6. It is only when you are no longer afraid to die that you can say that you are truly alive.
7. It is a sign of maturity when we stop asking -- what does life have in store for me?
And start asking -- what am I doing with my life?
8. There is no way to prevent dying. But the cure for the fear of death is to make sure
that you have lived according to the commandments of the Lord Almighty.
9. Having an impact on another person, shaping his or her life in some small but vital way,
is one of the most enduring satisfactions we will know.
10. Life, if you will, is a work of art, and if we paid loving attention to its details, we will
be able to take pride in the finished product.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 2:35 PM 2 comments
Monday, August 14, 2017
The Messenger of Allah (Sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Fear Allah wherever you may be,
follow an evil deed with a good one and it will erase it, and treat people well.” [Tirmidhi]
Commentary: How many a person there is who has met a day he didn't complete! \
How many wait for tomorrow who don't find it!
Each one of us will meet a day that we will not complete. And none of us knows which
day it will be.
Therefore, don't procrastinate and stop playing around with your Akhirah. Fix your deeds
today. Do whatever good you can and drop evil today, just in case today is destined to be
your incomplete day.
Surely when Allah (Subhana wa ta'ala) wills good for a servant He puts his sins before his
two eyes. When He wills bad for a servant He makes him forget his sins.
Don't look at the smallness of the sin, rather look at the One you disobeyed!
Taking Minor Sins For Granted ᴴᴰ ┇ Thought Provoking ┇ By Sheikh Bilal Assad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNpC8UPGBW0
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 6:06 PM 1 comments
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)