Saturday, July 20, 2019
2. Be kind even when you are tired.
3. Be understanding even when you are angry.
4. Do more than you are asked, and don't ask
for anything in return.
5. Don't silently expect anything either.
6. Listen when someone talks, and really
listen too, stop just thinking of how you'll
7. Tell people that you love them and that
you appreciate them.
8. Go out of your way to do things for people.
9. When you mess up, make up for it in the next
moment or minute or day.
10. Never spend your time trying to prove anyone
that you are great, your actions will speak for
11. We only have limited time on this earth, don't
12. If someone doesn't see your light, don't worry.
Like moths, good people are attracted to flame
and to light, and they will come.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 1:07 PM
Saturday, July 13, 2019
If Allah helps you, none can overcome you. If He forsakes you, who is there, after that,
that can help you? In Allah, then, let believers put their trust. No Prophet could (ever) be
false to their trust. If any person is so false, He shall on the Day of judgment, restore what
he misappropriated, then shall every soul receive its due, whatever it earned and none shall
be dealt with unjustly. [3: 160, 161]
Hadith of the Day:
Should you come across some mishap, do not say: "Had I only done this and that things would
have turned out so and so; but say only Allah so determines and did as He willed." Because the
Phrase; "Had I" only opens the gates of evil conduct. [Muslim]
Wise Quote of the Day:
You possess only whatever will not be lost in a ship wreck. [Imam Ghazali]
Guidance of the Day:
Ghill is a malady of the heart that is closely related to rancor, extreme anger, and malice.Rancor
is a pungent emotion that is rooted in being extremely angry at a person to the point that one
wishes harm to come to him. But the ultimate victim of rancor is its carrier.
If a person feels rancor toward a particular person, he should show that person good will. By nature,
people are naturally inclined to love those who do good to them. And if one shows a person good,
feelings of rancor will fall to the wayside. Satan rejoices when believers fight with one another and
bear negative thoughts.
If a person has rancor toward another believer, God shall not forgive that person until he forgives
his brother, for rancor is a serious affliction that festers in one's heart and blocks good things from
coming to one. [Purification of the heart]
Food for Thought:
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego
doesn't go with it.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 12:28 PM
Monday, July 08, 2019
2. Luxury may possibly contribute to give bread to the poor; but if there were no luxury, there
would be no poor.
3. We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities.
4. A simple and unassuming manner of life is best for every one, best for both the body and
5. The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone.
6. Sin has many tools, but a lie is the handle that fits them all.
7. A man's own good breeding is the best security against other people's ill manners.
8. Marriage is that relationship between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the
dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal.
9. The mind is like the stomach. It is not how much you put into it that counts, but how much it digests.
Old minds are like old horses; you must exercise them if you wish to keep them in working order.
10. Life is not a static thing. The only people who do not change their minds are incompetents
in asylums, who can't, and those in cemeteries.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 7:09 PM