Saturday, November 02, 2019
The reality is they are two different things:
Pleasure is short-lived, happiness is long-lived.
Pleasure is visceral, happiness is ethereal.
Pleasure is taking, happiness is giving.
Pleasure can be achieved with substances,
happiness cannot be achieved with substances.
Pleasure is experienced alone, happiness is
experienced in social groups.
The extremes of pleasure all lead to addiction,
yet there is no such thing as being addicted to
too much happiness.
Pleasure is dopamine, and happiness is
There's one thing that down regulates,
serotonin, dopamine. So the more
pleasure you seek, the more unhappy
Las Vegas, Madison Avenue, Wall Street,
Silicon Valley, and Washington D.C, have
very specifically and in a coordinated
fashion confused and conflated happiness
with the term pleasure, so that you can
And in the process, we have become most
decidedly unhappy. (Dr. Robert Lustig)
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 4:28 PM
Saturday, October 26, 2019
2. Being preoccupied with the past and dragging past woes into present -- these are the signs of an unstable and unsound mind.
3. Idleness is destructive, and most people who suffer from worries and anxieties are the same people who are idle and inactive.
4. Rumors and gossip are the only dividends for those that are bankrupt of meaningful and fruitful work.
5. Do what is right, and turn your back to every vulgar criticism.
6. Forbearance buries the faults, tolerance is superior, silence conquers the enemy, and forgiveness is honor for which you shall be rewarded.
7. When facing criticism or unjust rebuke, those who have sensitive feelings must pour a certain amount of coolness into their nerves by force.
8. Forbearance in the times of distress is the path to both success and happiness.
9. Higher goals are not achieved through dreaming or fantasizing; they can only be reached through dedication and commitment.
10. Hardships strengthen your heart, atones for your sins, and helps to suppress an inclination towards pride and haughtiness
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 2:49 PM
Saturday, October 12, 2019
Think not of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead. No, they live, finding their sustenance
in the presence of their Lord. They rejoice in the bounty provided by Allah, and with regards
to those left behind, who have not yet joined them (in their bliss), the (martyrs') glory in the fact
that on them is no fear, nor have they cause to grieve. [3: 169,170]
Hadith of theDay:
Paradise is close to you than your shoe lace, and similar is the case of Hell. [Bukhari]
Wise Quote of the Day:
The realization of La ilaha illAllah is one of the states of the heart that can neither be expressed
by the tongue nor thought out by the mind. [Ibn Ata illah]
Guidance of the Day:
The third type of arrogance is related to lineage. In some cultures, if one is aware of his "high birth"
he is obliged to behave nobly. One of the blights of many societies is racism, when people feel and act superior simply because of their race. The Quran lays waste to false claims of superiority and states that the only rank that matters relates to one's relationship with God.
Many people are honored by having lineage traceable to the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his family. While this is an honor in itself, it is something to be venerated when one's actions are likewise honorable. It is said, " If your actions hold you back, your lineage will not speed you up."
No person of any consequence should respect or praise an ignorant man, even if he is of noble birth and virtuous ancestry. For to respect and praise such a person in his presence may have an adverse effect on him. It may deceive him from concerning God, render him neglectful of proper behavior, and distract him from gathering provision for the Hereafter. [Purification of the Heart]
Food for Thought:
Reason and judgment are the qualities of a leader. Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 12:27 PM
Saturday, September 28, 2019
Trials keeps you Strong!!
Sorrows keeps you Human!!
Failure keeps you Humble!!
Success keeps you Glowing!!
Faith keeps you Going.
Sometimes you are
unsatisfied with your life,
while many people in
this world are dreaming
of living your life..
A child on a farm sees
a plane fly overhead &
dreams of flying.
A pilot on the plane sees
the farmhouse & dreams
of returning home.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 1:45 PM
Saturday, September 14, 2019
2. The reason many people don't climb the ladder of success is that they are waiting for the elevator.
3. The human soul is not made for jealousy and revenge.
4. "Today is my only day" is one of the most important statements in the dictionary of happiness, for those who desire to live life in its fullest splendor and brilliance.
5. If you desire to be accepted by all and loved by all, you desire the unattainable -- But desire to be accepted by God.
6. This is the way of the noble: they face difficulties with firm resolution, and they wrestle hardship to the ground.
7. Do not be preoccupied with matters that are insignificant. If you follow this advice, you will find that most of your worries will have left you.
8. The heart should be filled with tenderness, virtue, benevolence, and a genuine love for spreading goodness to all those that are connected to it.
9. If you seek happiness, then seek out knowledge and enlightenment, and you will find anxiety, depression, and grief will leave you.
10. Live every day as if it were the last day of your life -- with this frame of mind and outlook toward life, you have no reason to allow sadness or anger to steal the little time you have.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:55 AM
Monday, September 09, 2019
Allah did confer a great favor on the Believers when He sent among them a Messenger from
among themselves, rehearsing unto them the signs of Allah, sanctifying them, and instructing
them in scripture and wisdom, while before that, they had been in manifest error. [3:164]
Hadith of the Day:
Three things follow a dead person; members of his family, his belongings and his deeds. The first
two come back and the third remains with him. [Bukhari & Muslim]
Wise Quote of the Day:
Be not content with stories of those who went before you. Go forth and create your own story.
[Mawlana al Rumi]
Guidance of the Day:
Justice follows every vice. When it comes to arrogance, its possessors will end up being the most
abject people in the Hereafter; they will envy those whom they once thought to be beneath them in
honor and status, those who were patient, grateful and humble in this life. There are many passages
of the Quran and hadith that support this.
There are different qualities and kinds of arrogance. The first type is when a person deems himself
superior to others. Imam Ghazali said, "People of knowledge are in greater danger of arrogance than
anyone else" because the knowledge they have attained may lead them to feelings of superiority.
The second type is arrogance displayed in a person who shows contempt and scorns to others. It is a
marvel how some people act arrogantly because of their perceived piety, while the Prophet
(peace be upon him), the best of creation, remained humble. [Purification of the Heart]
Food for Thought:
High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectations. The way to get things
done is not to mind who gets the credit for doing them.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 2:12 PM
Monday, September 02, 2019
2. If we truly know ourselves, then we will know Allah.
3. If Allah allows us to know Him, we might be able to know ourselves.
4. Not only we are obligated to seek knowledge, we must also learn
how to behave in life.
5. We must first try to recognize all the faults within us, in order to
change them into qualities, in order to become our own shepherd.
6. If there are wrongs that we don't like, then the way to right them
is by curing ourselves, each one of ourselves individually.
7. When we are with others, we not only have the opportunity to
learn about them, we can also learn about ourselves.
8. Intelligence is the light of the head, arrogance is the darkness
of the head.
9. Contentment is the light of the eye, insatiable ambition (greed) is
the darkness of the eye.
10. Compassion is the light of the heart, envy is the darkness of
the heart. (Shems Friedlander)
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 3:34 PM