Wednesday, October 01, 2014
And remember God's favor to you, and the divine compact in which God joined you when you said, "We hear and obey." And be conscious of God, for God knows what is in hearts. [5: 7]
Hadith of the Day:
Whoever builds a mosque for the sake of Allah, Allah will build for him a house in Paradise. [Muslim]
Wise Quote of the Day:
The ways to God are as many as there are created beings. But the shortest and easiest is to serve others, not to bother others, and to make others happy. [Abu Sa'id]
Guidance of the Day:
As for the parents, God commands that we treat them with loyalty and benevolence, and forbids that we treat them badly. He enjoins this with utmost severity and strongly warns against contravention in His formidable Book and by the tongue of His noble Messenger. He couples the injunction to be good to the parents to that of His Tawhid and worship, and He couples thanking them to thanking Him.
Loyalty when they grow old deserved special mention because elderly people are in need for someone to look after them, manage their affairs, and serve them. Strive arduously to serve them well, this shall be your way of struggling in the way of God. Rights of parents are the greatest following those of God and those of His Messenger.
Therefore, do serve them graciously, treat them kindly, obey them, and be humble in their presence. Never show them that you expect them to show gratitude, and never perceive their service as tedious. Count their need for you and expectations that you will serve them and be good to them among the greatest gifts to you and the best of the good works He has granted you to perform. [Counsels of Religion by Imam al-Haddad]
Food for Thought:
The average man does not know what to do with this life, yet wants another one which will last forever. The best argument for an immortal life is the existence of a man who deserves one. If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality. The reward of great men is that, long after they have died, one is not quite sure that they are dead.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 2:21 PM
Saturday, September 27, 2014
2. The one who reckons his words as part of his actions speaks very little-------only about those things which are of concern to him. [Omar bin Abdul Azeez]
3. There is no Hajj nor guarding the enemy lines and jihad which is more difficult than restraining the tongue. [Fudhail ibn Iyaadh]
4. Whoever is able to control himself in a state of anger, Allah protects him from the evils of Satan. [Hasan al Basri]
5. The worshippers of Allah do not worship him in anyway better than avoiding what Allah has forbidden. [Hasan al Basri]
6. The righteous deeds are performed by the righteous and the wicked. However, only the truthful ones avoid the sinful deeds. [SahlAbdullah Tustari]
7. The Quran primarily addresses the heart of the believer. The heart is the locus of Divine guidance, The Quran reaches the heart through the reflection of its meaning. [Ibn Mus'u bin d radi Allah anhu]
8. The best of which that gives life to the heart is the recitation of the Quran when accompanied with deep reflection. [Shakh Fadl]
9. The presence of Taqwa is recognized by three things---------rushing to fulfill Allah's commands; seeking nothing from people; speaking and acting only for what benefits one in this life and in the Hereafter. [Shaqeeq al Balkhi]
10. Only through detachment from Dunya does the slave reach his Lord. [Shaqeeq al Balkhi]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 2:03 PM
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Got a toothache and can’t get to the dentist? Gently chewing on a clove can ease tooth pain and gum inflammation for two hours straight, say UCLA researchers. Experts point to a natural compound in cloves called eugenol, a powerful, natural anesthetic. Bonus: Sprinkling a ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves on meals daily may also protect your ticker. Scientists say this simple action helps stabilize blood sugar, plus dampen production of artery-clogging cholesterol in as little as three weeks.
Read more here
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 3:38 PM
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
As for those who believe in God with steadfast adherence, God will admit them to mercy from the divine, and grace. And God will lead them to the divine by a straight path. [4: 175]
Hadith of the Day:
The worst of the people in status on the Day of Resurrection will be the one whom people avoid for fear of his evil. [Bukhari]
Wise Quote of the Day:
Hoping for Paradise without good works, hoping for the intercession of the Prophet ( peace and blessings upon him) without embodying the sunnah, and hoping for mercy while constantly in sin, are nothing but absurdities. [Ma'ruf al Kharkhi]
Guidance of the Day:
Among the most incumbent and important good manners of enjoining good and forbidding evil is to avoid arrogance, harshness, derision, and gloating over the sinners (should something afflict them), for these things cancel reward and attract punishment. Beware of them to the extreme! Be gentle, affectionate, flexible, compassionate, humble, and modest.
If the counsel given is rejected his reward will be greater, so let him be patient and bear with fortitude. Let his intention be to deliver both himself and his brother from sin. Let his attitude be that of one whose brother Muslim is in peril, threatened with drowning and burning for instance, when he is capable of saving him. God is he who grants success and support. Trust should be placed in Him and dependence should be upon Him. [Counsels of Religion by Imam al-Haddad]
Food for Thought:
An idle brain is a devil's workshop. Purity of mind and idleness are incompatible. Idleness is the stupidity of the body, and stupidity is the idleness of the mind. That man is idle who can do something better. People who have nothing to do are quickly tired of their own company.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 4:07 PM
Friday, September 12, 2014
2. When death comes it does not return empty handed, so occupy every moment in preparedness of it. [Shaqeeq al Balkhi]
3. Look at the heavens and realize Who its Creator is, and be wary that He always knows your states. [Bayazeed al Bustami]
4. Try to cultivate six habits:
1. Take nothing from Allah's provision when you disobey Him.
2. Leave Allah's dominion when you intend to disobey Him.
3. Disobey Allah only where He cannot see you.
4. At the time of death ask for respite from the angel of death.
5. Do not allow the questioning angels into the grave with you.
6. Refuse to enter the Hellfire when you are ordered to.... If none of these are possible then do not disobey Him.[Ibrahim bin Adham]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:09 AM
Tuesday, September 09, 2014
But one day he saw a swan. "This swan is so white," he thought, "and I am so black.
This swan must be the happiest bird in the world."
He expressed his thoughts to the swan. "Actually," the swan replied, "I was feeling that I was the happiest bird around until I saw a parrot, which has two colors. I now think the parrot is the happiest bird in creation."
The crow then approached the parrot. The parrot explained, "I lived a very happy life—until I saw a peacock. I have only two colors, but the peacock has multiple colors."
The crow then visited a peacock in the zoo and saw that hundreds of people had gathered to see him.
After the people had left, the crow approached the peacock. "Dear peacock," the crow said, "you are so beautiful. Every day thousands of people come to see you. When people see me, they immediately shoo me away. I think you are the happiest bird on the planet."
The peacock replied, "I always thought that I was the most beautiful and happy bird on the planet. But because of my beauty, I am entrapped in this zoo.
I have examined the zoo very carefully, and I have realized that the crow is the only bird not kept in a cage. So for past few days I have been thinking that if I were a crow, I could happily roam everywhere."
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 3:05 PM
Saturday, September 06, 2014
Ayahs of the day:
Hadith of the day:
Verily charity to a poor is charity; charity to a relative is two things -- charity and upholding ties of kinship. [Sunan an Nasai]
Wise quote of the day:
The one who blindly follows the dictates of his ego, is like the one who has befriended as sworn enemy of Allah. [Sahl bin Abdullah]
Guidance of the day:
He who witnesses a blameworthy thing that he has no power to change or forbid should detest he who is committing it and detest his act in his heart. He should leave the place, for to witness evil things by choice is not permissible.
Let those who are being enjoined good and forbidden evil beware to the extreme from arrogance, haughtiness, and rejecting the truth; or of saying to he who is counseling them, "See to yourself first!" or any similar utterance explicitly rejecting the truth. It is to be feared for such persons that God shall loathe them, that His wrath will afflict them. [Counsels of Religion by Imam al-Haddad]
Food for thought:
An honest man is the noblest work of God. Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure there is one less rascal in the world. We must make the world honest before we can honestly say to our children that honesty is the best policy.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:31 AM