Wednesday, October 18, 2017
Then, to everyone’s amazement he quieted down. A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer’s neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!
MORAL: Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up. Remember the five simple rules to be happy:
1. Free your heart from hatred – Forgive.
2. Free your mind from worries – Most never happens.
3. Live simply and appreciate what you have - Avoid "Israf" (extravagance, waste).
4. Give more - Charity purifies the soul.
5. Expect less from people but more from yourself - Practice "Ihsan" (perfect goodness).
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 2:29 PM
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
2. A credit card adds to your credit; but adds even more to your creditors.
3. A truth told with bad intent, beats all the lies you can invent.
4. Friendship is a living thing that lasts as long as it is nourished with kindness, sympathy,
5. True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends, but in the worth and choice.
6. Discussion is an exchange of knowledge. Argument is an exchange of ignorance.
7. Tell your child to lie for you, and your child will learn to lie to you.
8. A good leader takes a little more than his share of blame, and a little less than his share
9. The pursuit of happiness is the wrong goal. You don't become happy by pursuing
happiness. You become happy by living a life that means something.
10. One human being is no human being. None of us can truly be human in isolation.
The qualities that make us human emerge only in the ways we relate to other people.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 5:51 PM
Wednesday, October 04, 2017
Say, "Travel the earth and see how those before you ended up; most of them were idolaters." so set your aim for true religion before there comes a day from God that cannot be averted -- on that day they will be divided. [30: 42,43]
Hadith of the Day:
The one who is unthankful for whatever little he gets will not become thankful when he is given a lot. [Ahmad]
Wise Quote of the Day:
You disobey Him using His favors, yet disobedience does not make Him withhold His favors. How can you love other than this Generous God? Or how could you disobey this Compassionate Lord? [Imam al-Haddad]
Guidance of the Day:
Are you dedicated to your development physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually? Dedicate yourself above all else to becoming the-best-version-of-yourself. It is the best thing you can do for your spouse, your children, your friends, your colleagues, your employees, your employer, your nation, your family, and yourself. The best thing you can do is to become the-best-version-of yourself, because it is doing with a purpose. Embrace your essential purpose. Celebrate your best self. [Kelly, The Rhythm of Life]
Food for Thought:
Every new day begins with possibilities. It's up to us to fill it with the things that move us toward progress and peace. Think in terms of day's resolutions, not the year's. To get up each morning with the resolve to be happy -- is to set our own conditions to the events of each day. To do this is to condition circumstances instead of being conditioned by them.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 6:04 PM
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
1. When we don't accept an undesired event, it becomes anger;
when we accept it, it becomes tolerance.
2. When we don't accept uncertainty, it becomes fear;
when we accept it, it becomes adventure.
3. When we don't accept bad behavior of others towards us, it becomes
hatred; when we accept it, it becomes forgiveness.
4. When we don't accept success of others, it becomes jealousy;
when we accept it, it becomes inspiration.
1. When we are wrong and we surrender, it means we are
2. When we are in doubt and we surrender, it means we are
3. When we are right and we surrender, it means we value
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 1:44 PM
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Eating and drinking is not the be all and end all of man’s life. The main purpose of our creation is to fulfill our oath of allegiance to Allah [Quran, Surah Al-A’raaf] and earn our place in Jannah. To do so a healthy body helps and a healthy body is maintained by keeping a part of our stomachs empty at meal times. We need to stop eating while we still feel a little hungry. To constantly keep eating till we feel satiated causes our stomachs to go bad. We would, therefore, be well advised to eat only as much as is necessary. [Daily Hadith]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:19 AM
Monday, September 04, 2017
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
2. Don't just do what you feel like doing; instead do what the Lord asks of you.
3. Who is wealthy? He who is content with what he has.
4. The fear of God may indeed be the beginning of wisdom and the corner stone of proper living.
5. When we have learned how to live, life itself is a reward.
6. It is only when you are no longer afraid to die that you can say that you are truly alive.
7. It is a sign of maturity when we stop asking -- what does life have in store for me?
And start asking -- what am I doing with my life?
8. There is no way to prevent dying. But the cure for the fear of death is to make sure
that you have lived according to the commandments of the Lord Almighty.
9. Having an impact on another person, shaping his or her life in some small but vital way,
is one of the most enduring satisfactions we will know.
10. Life, if you will, is a work of art, and if we paid loving attention to its details, we will
be able to take pride in the finished product.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 2:35 PM