Thursday, February 22, 2018
that happens, but it has been revealed to the saints that secondary causes
are no more than a veil.
2. Each and every part of the world is a snare for the fool, and a means of
deliverance for the wise.
3. When patience and intellect go, your ego incites to evil.
4. The sensual ego is blind and deaf to God.
5. Things become clear through their opposites. God created suffering
and heartache so that joyful-heart might appear through its opposite.
6. No opposite can be known without its opposite. Having suffered a
blow, you will know a caress.
7. Everything is good and perfect in relation to God. For example; in a
king's realm there are prisons, gallows, robes of honor, estates, banquets,
etc. In relation to the king, everything is good.
8. Knowledge and wisdom exist to distinguish the right from the wrong,
if everything were the right way, the wisdom would be useless.
9. Commands are only proper if the act which is commanded is disliked
by him who is commanded to perform it. Like wise, it is not proper to prohibit
things which man dislikes. You cannot say; "Do not eat stones and thorns,"
and if you say it, it is not a prohibition. [Spiritual Teachings of Rumi]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 10:46 AM
Saturday, February 03, 2018
The acts of those who repudiate their Lord are like ash blown violently by the wind on a stormy day.
They have no control over any thing they have earned, that is the outlandish error. [14: 18]
Hadith of the Day:
Do not hate or envy one another. Instead, be slaves to Allah and brothers. [Bukhari & Muslim]
Wise Quote of the Day:
Understanding is what makes relationships. Many a spoken word is more piercing than an attack.
[Ali radi Allah anhu]
Guidance of the Day:
Stay away from debt in your personal life. Debt, not poverty, is the greatest enemy of financial
well-being and peace of mind. There are massive forces arrayed in the world to tell you of the
great benefits of debt. They will tell you that by borrowing you establish your legitimacy in the
eyes of lenders, and that you can have tomorrow's pleasures at today's prices.
They will present arguments and inducements that are convincing and seductive. They dress
debt in a suit and call it credit. But it all comes down to the same thing: You have mortgaged
your future to pay for your present, and this is something you don't ever want to do. Debt can
make you money because it allows you to invest. Debt can help you in the present and leave
your problems for what you hope will be a better time in the future.
But debt defines your future, and when your future is defined, hope begins to die. You have
committed your life to making money to pay for your past. Stay away from debt if you can.
There is no sadder sight than the person with dreams and promise whose eyes have dulled
and whose days are spent pushing the heavy wheel of debt toward an endless horizon.
[Simple Truths by Kent Nerburn]
Food for Thought:
Be careful what you wish for. The faculties of humanity were not given in order to gain
worldly life like an animal.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 4:52 PM
Sunday, January 07, 2018
two companions who will accompany you in your grave when your family, wealth,
children, and friends stay behind. [Imam al Ghazali]
2. Every attribute that appears in the heart leaves traces on the limbs, and every action
of the limbs can leave traces in the heart, so the relationship is reciprocal. [Zafar Othmani]
3. The quality of our supplication (dua) depends upon the purity of our hearts, for it is
with our hearts that we connect to God. [Imam Mohammad Magid]
4. If you remember death and prepare for its coming, you will know endless joy when
death arrives, whereas if you are complacent and procrastinate, death will come to you
at an unforeseen moment and you will know regrets without end. [Imam al Ghazali]
5. Each of your breaths is a priceless jewel, can never be retrieved. Do not be like the
deceived fools who are joyous because of an increase in their wealth while their life
shortens. [Imama al Haddad]
6. The disobedience that begets humility and broken heartedness is better than the
obedience that begets honor and pride. [Ibn Ata'Allah]
7. Whoever truly follow the Prophet (peace be upon him) do not have their own
choice in matters. Rather, nothing stirs in their hearts except that which Allah and
His messenger love. [Sahl al Tustari]
8. Be with the people in such a way that if you should die, they weep for you; and if
you live, they long for you. [Ali radi Allah anhu]
9. If you do not believe that God can take you at this moment and make you one of
His saintly believers (awliya), then you are ignorant of His power. [Ibn Ata'Allah]
10. Be not content with the stories of those who went before you -- go forth and create
your own story. [Maulana Rumi]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 5:03 PM
Wednesday, December 27, 2017
we do not marry a perfect person or have perfect children. We have complaints
from each other. We disappoint each other.
As such there is no healthy marriage or healthy family without the exercise of
forgiveness.Forgiveness is vital to our emotional health and spiritual survival.
Without forgiveness the family becomes an arena of conflict and a stronghold
Without forgiveness, the family becomes ill. Forgiveness is the strength of the soul,
the cleansing of the mind and the liberation of the heart. Whoever does not forgive
does not have peace in the soul nor communion with God. Hurt is poison that
intoxicates and kills.
Keeping heartache in the heart is a self destructive gesture. Those who do not
forgive are physically, emotionally and spiritually ill.
That is why the family must be a place of life, not of death; Territory of cure and
not of illness; Stage of forgiveness and not of guilt.
Forgiveness brings joy where sorrow has produced sadness; Healing, where sorrow
has caused disease.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 3:52 PM
Monday, December 11, 2017
To God belongs the East and the West; and wheresoever you turn, there is the presence
of God. For God is omnipresent and omniscient. [2: 115]
Hadith of the day:
Anyone who shows the way to something good has the same reward as the person who
does it. [Muslim]
Wise quote of the day:
Give priority to the Hereafter over this world, because you will then gain both of them
together. [Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani]
Guidance of the day:
God revealed religion out of His mercy, because we need it and cannot be truly human
without it. Only those who have passed through the trials of religious experience are
worthy of eternal happiness and will be distinguished in the Hereafter.
True religion is the assemblage of Divine Revelations and Divine Laws by which we can
know bliss in this world and the next. Our peace and happiness depend upon leading a
religious life, for only through religion can the Law be observed in all the inner and outer
spheres of our existence. Only religion makes it possible for us to deserve Paradise and
the vision of God. Such achievements are beyond the power of every human-made
civilization, regardless of how advanced they are. [M. Fethullah Gulen]
Food for thought:
So little done; so much to do. Time is the scarcest resource and unless it is managed,
nothing else can be managed. Don't simply retire from something, have something
to retire to.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 3:08 PM
Thursday, November 30, 2017
and without being anxious for the future.
2. Being preoccupied with the past and dragging past woes into present -- these are
the signs of an unstable and unsound mind.
3. Idleness is destructive, and most people who suffer from worries and anxieties
are the same people who are idle and inactive.
4. Rumors and gossip are the only dividends for those that are bankrupt of
meaningful and fruitful work.
5. Do what is right, and turn your back to every vulgar criticism.
6. Forbearance buries the faults, tolerance is superior, silence conquers the
enemy, and forgiveness is honor for which we shall be rewarded.
7. When facing criticism or unjust rebuke, those who have sensitive feelings
must pour a certain amount of coolness into their nerves by force.
8. Forbearance in the times of distress is the path to both success and happiness.
9. Higher goals are not achieved through dreaming or fantasizing; they can only
be reached through dedication and commitment.
10. Hardships strengthen our heart, atones for our sins, and helps to suppress
an inclination towards pride and haughtiness.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 2:00 PM