Monday, July 24, 2017
between us and death.
2. Most of us spend our lives as if we had another one in the bank -- the highest value of time is found in the stewardship of time.
3. The most important thing in our lives is what we are doing now -- wasted time means wasted lives.
4. Know the true value of time -- no idleness, no laziness, no procrastination, never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
5. Time is the most precious gift of God -- so precious that it's given to us moment by moment.
6. As every thread of gold is valuable, so is every moment of time -- spend it wisely.
7. Dollars cannot buy yesterday, lost time is never found -- time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.
8. Time is the substance of life -- when anyone asks you to give your time, they are really asking for a chunk of your life.
9. Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of -- one man gets only a week's value out of a year while another man gets a full year's value out of a week.
10. Have a time and place for everything, and do everything in its time and place, and you will not only accomplish more, but have far more leisure than those who are always hurrying.
11. The one who dares to waste one hour of life has not discovered the value of life.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 7:39 PM
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor; for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do. [4: 135]
Hadith of the Day:
Leave those things which create doubts in your mind and adopt that which does not create any doubt in your mind. [Tirmidhi]
Wise Quote of the Day:
It was not the Muslims that had made Islam great, rather it was Islam that had made the Muslims great. [Mohammad Asad]
Guidance of the Day:
Learn! for learning is an adornment for one who possesses it, a virtue and a prelude to every praiseworthy action. Profit each day by increasing (your) learning and swimming in the seas of beneficial knowledge.
Give yourself to the study of jurisprudence (fiqh), for the knowledge of jurisprudence is the best guide to piety and the fear of God, and it is the straightest path to the ultimate goal. It is the milestone leading to the ways of proper guidance; it is the fortress that saves (one) from all hardships. Indeed, one godly person versed in jurisprudence is more powerful against Satan than a thousand (ordinary) worshippers.
Likewise, knowledge has a bearing on all other human characters, such as generosity and avarice, cowardice and courage, arrogance and humility, chastity and debauchery, prodigality and parsimony, and so on. For arrogance, avarice, cowardice, and prodigality are illicit. Only through knowledge of them and their opposites is protection against them possible. Learning, then, is prescribed for all of us. [Instruction of the student--The method of learning by Imam Al Zarnuji]
Food for Thought:
There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness, it is the sweetest revenge. The glory of Islam is to conquer by forgiveness. Forgiveness does not change the past but it changes the future. Forgiveness is a means letting go of the past.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 6:43 PM
Monday, July 10, 2017
This hadith sums up the qualities of the people worthy of Jannah.
Firstly, just as the hearts of birds are free of jealousy, the hearts of the people deserving Jannah are free of jealousy, rancor, and envy.
Secondly, just as birds are always alert (cautious of any danger), the hearts of the people of Jannah are also alert and wakeful. They worry about their Akhirah, they are alert to not stray off the Straight Path, they are vigilant against the whispering of Satan, and their hearts are active in the remembrance of Allah Most High.
Thirdly, just as birds trust in Allah for their food, the people of Jannah have complete trust in Allah Most High. Birds don’t store food for the next day, nor indeed for any contingency. They go out hungry from their nests every morning but return with full stomachs every evening. The people worthy of Jannah similarly have complete trust (Tawakkul) in Allah regarding not only their sustenance, but, their very existence.
May my heart become like the heart of a bird. Ameen.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 6:03 PM
Saturday, July 01, 2017
1. There's only one thing more contagious than the measles; and that's a good example.
2. The reason many people don't climb the ladder of success is that they are waiting for
3. The human soul is not made for jealousy and revenge.
4. "Today is my only day" is one of the most important statements in the dictionary of
happiness, for those who desire to live life in its fullest splendor and brilliance.
5. If you desire to be accepted by all and loved by all, you desire the unattainable -- but
desire to be accepted by God.
6. This is the way of the noble: they face difficulties with firm resolution, and they wrestle
hardship to the ground.
7. Do not be preoccupied with matters that are insignificant. If you follow this advice, you
will find that most of your worries will have left you.
8. The heart should be filled with tenderness, virtue, benevolence, and a genuine love for
spreading goodness to all those that are connected to it.
9. If you seek happiness, then seek out knowledge and enlightenment, and you will find
anxiety, depression, and grief will leave you.
10. Live every day as if it were the last day of your life -- with this frame of mind and
outlook toward life, you have no reason to allow sadness or anger to steal the little time
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 4:57 PM