Wednesday, December 25, 2019
a large income.
2. The ideal person is he who takes pleasure in serving others. The noble hearted person works
3. Happiness, cheerfulness, and calmness are often more effective than doctors' pills.
4. Hardship before comfort is analogous to hunger before food -- food comes at a time when it
has its greatest effect on the taste buds.
5. Hardship is as beneficial to the soul as it is unwelcomed in one's life.
6. Whoever looks reflectively at the universe knows that the One Who created it perfectly is
All-Wise and is not playing with the dice.
7. Anger is one of the factors that cause depression and sadness -- we need to get rid of it.
8. By seeking to be the center of attention and by trying to please others, you lose both peace
and stability in your life.
9. The Muslim has a mission and a message that are more important than revenge, malice, and hate.
10. Performing noble deeds is the way to happiness -- doing good to others brings happiness to both
heart and soul.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 1:05 PM
Saturday, December 07, 2019
Those to whom men said: "The enemy have gathered against you, therefore fear them," but this increased their faith, and they cried: "Allah is sufficient for us! He is the best Protector". So they returned with grace and favor from Allah, and no harm touched them. They followed the good pleasure of Allah, and Allah is infinite of grace. [3: 173, 174]
Hadith of the Day:
The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Allah says: "When a servant of Mine approaches Me through the medium of that which I like best, out of what I have declared obligatory for Him, and continues to advance towards Me through optional prayers (Nawafil), then I begin to love him. When I make him My beloved I become his ears to hear, and his eyes to see, and his hands to grasp, and his feet to walk. When He asks Me I grant him and when he seeks My protection I protect him. [Bukhari]
Guidance of the Day:
The various causes that sow the seeds of arrogance can be: wealth, strength, having a lot of something, like a teacher having a lot of students or someone having many friends, etc., and arrogance for having knowledge.
The intellectual and volitional capacities of humankind are great responsibilities. Ironically these responsibilities have the potential of causing people to forget that every blessing we have is a gift from God and something that we are responsible for. Spending on the orphan, relieving the distressed, and all good acts are difficult for the arrogant ones, who feel their wealth, strength, and prestige are born out of their own devices.
People rejected the Prophet's message not because they were not convinced. They knew that what the Prophet (peace be upon him) brought was the truth from God Himself. But they rejected him out of arrogance. People have a problem with submitting to God, being His servant, claiming that they are "free." Astonishingly, these same "free" people are in bondage to their whims and passions. [Purification of the Heart]
Food for Thought:
Whenever an individual or a business decides that success has been attained, progress stops.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 12:44 PM