Sunday, November 13, 2016
2. A credit card adds to your credit; but adds even more to your creditors.
3. A truth told with bad intent, beats all the lies you can invent.
4. Friendship is a living thing that lasts as long as it is nourished with kindness,
sympathy, and understanding.
5. True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends, but in the worth and
6. Discussion is an exchange of knowledge. Argument is an exchange of ignorance.
7. Tell your child to lie for you, and your child will learn to lie to you.
8. A good leader takes a little more than his share of blame, and a little less than his
share of credit.
9. The pursuit of happiness is the wrong goal. You don't become happy by pursuing
happiness. You become happy by living a life that means something.
10. One human being is no human being. None of us can truly be human in isolation.
The qualities that make us human emerge only in the ways we relate to other people.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 1:37 PM
Saturday, November 05, 2016
Those who sleep on velvet, will surely, one day sleep in soil. Kings and paupers alike will have a bed in the earth. Traveler through life, your destination is the grave. What you are traversing is two days journey.
To remember death is like for a student to remember that there will be an exam at the end of the year. The more conscious he is of it, the more he will consistently prepare for it, and the better he will do when the time comes. He who parties away, heedless of his studies, will not fare well, and at the end of the year the exam will bring an end to his pleasures.
It is recommended for everyone to frequently remember death, and to prepare for it by obeying Allah Most High and repenting of his/her sins. A saying in Persian goes, “If childhood is spent in play, youth in mischief, and old age in laziness, when will one worship Allah?”
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 12:10 PM