Saturday, October 26, 2019
2. Being preoccupied with the past and dragging past woes into present -- these are the signs of an unstable and unsound mind.
3. Idleness is destructive, and most people who suffer from worries and anxieties are the same people who are idle and inactive.
4. Rumors and gossip are the only dividends for those that are bankrupt of meaningful and fruitful work.
5. Do what is right, and turn your back to every vulgar criticism.
6. Forbearance buries the faults, tolerance is superior, silence conquers the enemy, and forgiveness is honor for which you shall be rewarded.
7. When facing criticism or unjust rebuke, those who have sensitive feelings must pour a certain amount of coolness into their nerves by force.
8. Forbearance in the times of distress is the path to both success and happiness.
9. Higher goals are not achieved through dreaming or fantasizing; they can only be reached through dedication and commitment.
10. Hardships strengthen your heart, atones for your sins, and helps to suppress an inclination towards pride and haughtiness
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 2:49 PM
Saturday, October 12, 2019
Think not of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead. No, they live, finding their sustenance
in the presence of their Lord. They rejoice in the bounty provided by Allah, and with regards
to those left behind, who have not yet joined them (in their bliss), the (martyrs') glory in the fact
that on them is no fear, nor have they cause to grieve. [3: 169,170]
Hadith of theDay:
Paradise is close to you than your shoe lace, and similar is the case of Hell. [Bukhari]
Wise Quote of the Day:
The realization of La ilaha illAllah is one of the states of the heart that can neither be expressed
by the tongue nor thought out by the mind. [Ibn Ata illah]
Guidance of the Day:
The third type of arrogance is related to lineage. In some cultures, if one is aware of his "high birth"
he is obliged to behave nobly. One of the blights of many societies is racism, when people feel and act superior simply because of their race. The Quran lays waste to false claims of superiority and states that the only rank that matters relates to one's relationship with God.
Many people are honored by having lineage traceable to the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his family. While this is an honor in itself, it is something to be venerated when one's actions are likewise honorable. It is said, " If your actions hold you back, your lineage will not speed you up."
No person of any consequence should respect or praise an ignorant man, even if he is of noble birth and virtuous ancestry. For to respect and praise such a person in his presence may have an adverse effect on him. It may deceive him from concerning God, render him neglectful of proper behavior, and distract him from gathering provision for the Hereafter. [Purification of the Heart]
Food for Thought:
Reason and judgment are the qualities of a leader. Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 12:27 PM