Monday, July 08, 2019
Pearls of Wisdom 425
2. Luxury may possibly contribute to give bread to the poor; but if there were no luxury, there
would be no poor.
3. We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities.
4. A simple and unassuming manner of life is best for every one, best for both the body and
5. The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone.
6. Sin has many tools, but a lie is the handle that fits them all.
7. A man's own good breeding is the best security against other people's ill manners.
8. Marriage is that relationship between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the
dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal.
9. The mind is like the stomach. It is not how much you put into it that counts, but how much it digests.
Old minds are like old horses; you must exercise them if you wish to keep them in working order.
10. Life is not a static thing. The only people who do not change their minds are incompetents
in asylums, who can't, and those in cemeteries.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 7:09 PM