Islamic Upbringing of Children
These are summary of lecture series @ Islamic Center of Fremont, CA
by Mufti Muddassir Owais.
1. Upbringing does not mean harshness.
2. Reprimand your children without harshness.
3. Make a lot of dua for your children. This is an important aspect of
4. Become a role model for your children. Change yourself first.
5. Repercussions of sins/disobedience is that Allah Most High
removes the respect/dignity of elders from the hearts of youngers.
6. Try your utmost to abstain from sin and disobedience of Allah Most
High, seek a lot of forgiveness, make a lot of istighfar.
7. Do the upbringing focussing on the hereafter.
8. Upbringing in its intrinsic nature has to be done gradually
9. Upbringing has two aspects -- Planning and Patience.
10. Guard yourself against cursing your children.