Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....30
2. People who fly into a rage always make a bad landing. Anger rarely solves a problem. Usually, it just makes things worse.
3. A wise man restrains his anger and overlooks insults. This is to his credit.
4. The next time you feel like complaining, remember that your garbage disposal probably eats better than thirty percent of the people in the world.
5. Being at peace with yourself is a direct result of finding peace with God. Ask God to give you His peace in your work, there is no substitute for His grace.
6. A wise man's heart guides his mouth. Be careful of your thoughts, they may become words at any moment.
7. When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened to us.
8. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
9. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. Conquer yourself rather than the world.
10. You need to keep on patiently doing God's will if you want Him to do for you all that He has promised.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 8:59 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment