Sunday, March 02, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....23
2. Life is a progress, and not a station. One of life's greatest lessons is that we are all "works in progress." God expects us to grow through the decisions we make, the challenges we undertake, and the effort we put in.
3. Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves; for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he reap.
4. He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that rules the spirit than the one that rules a city.
5. The cure of a crime is not in the electric chair, but in the high chair. Teach a child to choose the right path, and when he is older he will remain upon it.
5. You get the best out of others when you give the best of yourself. Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds.
6. Anger is never without a reason but seldom a good one. An angry man stirs up strife, and a furious man abounds in transgression.
7. The results of angry exprssions are more often tragic than triumphant. We are wise to turn down the temperature of our anger before expressing our opinion.
8. Anger may be justified, but lashing out in anger at someone is not justifiable.
9. Worry is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere. Concern for someone is a sign of love, but worry is a sign of doubt and fear. We each must learn the difference.
10. No man knows his true character until he is faced with problems and difficulties. Consider it all joy, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 2:21 PM