Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Friday, July 18, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....68
2. Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or the faster man; but sooner or later the man who wins is the man who thinks he can.
3. Fortunate is the one who has developed self-control to steer a straight course toward one's objective in life, without being swayed by commendation or condemnation.
4. Whatever life may take from you, it will never be able to deplete the good and valuable things you have to give.
5. What you have lost you can afford to lose. What you have gained is something you cannot do without------be grateful.
6. The secret of abundance is to stop focussing on what you do not have, and shift your consciousness to an appreciation to all that you are and all that you have.
7. When the mind is ready, the teacher appears. Knowledge is the beginning of practice, doing is the completion of knowing.
8. In nine out of ten, the slanderous tongue belongs to a disappointed person.
9. Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate.
10. You can't always have everything, but you can make the best of what you have.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:39 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment