Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....65
2. We cannot control the tongues of others, but a good life enables us to disregard them.
3. Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.
4. Our wisdom usually comes from our experience, and our experience largely from our foolishness.
5. One reason experience is such a good teacher is that it doesn't allow any dropouts.
6. We can trust that when things don't work out the way we want, God has something better planned.
7. A fool does in the end what a wise person does in the beginning. Getting wisdom is the most important thing you can do.
8. Wise people think without talking; fools talk without thinking.
9. Wealth from gambling quickly disappears; wealth from hard work grows. Ill-gotten gain brings no lasting happiness; right living does.
10. When someone hurts us we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:47 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment