Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....64
2. There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situation.We cannot hold a torch for another person's path without brightening our own.
3. If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.
4. True love is that which can give the most without asking or demanding anything in return.
5. Three things in life are important------the first thing is to be kind, the second thing is to be kind, and the third thing is to be kind.
6. Wise sayings often fall on a barren ground, but a kind word is never thrown away.
7. Laziness may look attractive, but work gives satisfaction.
8. Time is a miracle and the right to live is a gift. Celebrate being alive by doing the best for every moment which is granted.
9. One who is too deeply in love with oneself ought to get a divorce.
10. We should speak only after our words have managed to pass through four gates: at the first gate we should ask ourselves, "are these words true?" At the second gate we ask, "are they necessary?" At the third gate we ask, "are they beneficial?" And at the fourth gate we ask, "Are they kind?" If the answer to any of these is no, then what we are about to say should be left unsaid.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:35 AM