Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....66
2. Sometimes the battle is fought with fists and guns, but more often the most effective weapon is a simple act of love and courage.
3. Love is a wonderful thing. You never have to take it away from one person to give it to another. There's always more than enough to go around.
4. What you keep for yourself, you lose; what you give away, you keep for ever. The capacity to care is the thing that gives life its deepest meaning and significance.
5. The test of courage comes when we are in minority. You never really lose until you quit trying.
6. You have not lived a perfect day, even though you have earned your money, unless you have done something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
7. It is more blessed to give than to receive. Men are rich only as they give. He who gives great services gets great returns.
8. It is one of the beautiful compensations of this life that no one can sincerely try to help one another without helping oneself.
9. Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
10. Great people will share, they will tell you their secrets. Look for them, call them on the phone or buy their books. Go where they are, get around them talk to them. It is easy to be great when you are around great people.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:39 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment