Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....45
2.. Step up and repeat your request so it gets heard and recorded on God's answering machine. How God answers and who God uses to answer may surprise you.
3. Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.
4. Serve others, and you will find the eternal message about how to have a satisfying life. It is not about getting acknowledgment or thanks, but the inheritent joy that comes from doing for others.
5. The ability to wait patiently for something is a valuable character trait. It is our impatience that spoils everything.
6. Rather than becoming tangled up in all of the disturbances which endlessly and infinitely present themselves in the field of our worldly life, let's consider the preciousness of this life.
7. The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet. When we live with determination, we will springforth and find the light.
8. A life spent in making mistakes and learning from them is more honorable and more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
9. The perfection of character consists in passing every day as the last, live with the knowledge of mortality. You act as if you have time for everything, but actually you may find you have missed out on the most important things.
10. It is not an accident that the word compassion is 70 percent compass. When we let compassion be our guide, we will be serving ourselves as well as those who need to be served. Let compassion direct you. It will also direct others to you when you encounter a time of need.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 8:49 AM