Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....40
2. Learn silence just as you learned speech. If speech used to guide you, silence will protect you.
3. Satan is terrified by the shadow of the one who conquers the passions of the world.
4. Honor lies in submissiveness (to the commands of Allah Most High), dignity lies in piety, and freedom lies in contentment.
5. The intelligent one is the one who arranges the affairs of the world with contentment and at a low pace, the concerns of the after life with greed and haste, and the concerns of the religion with knowledge and striving.
6. The life of the heart is knowledge of the Divine, so seek it, and the death of the heart is ignorance, so shun it.
7. Writing things down is the best secret of a good memory.
8. Every time you make an ethical decision, offer your support, choose honesty, or lend a helping hand, you make a difference.
9. That is the happiest conversation where there is no competition, no vanity, but a calm, quiet interchange of sentiments.
10. Forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waste of spirits.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:38 AM