Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Thursday, April 03, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....36
2. Jihad is the struggle against one's inner self and it's bestial inclinations. It is this struggle, in fact, which the Prophet of Islam (Allah's blessings and peace upon him) dubbed "the greater jihad."
3. Jihad is the struggles against the villains in our hearts which include: arrogance, avarice, pettiness, selfishness, jealousy, greed, self-delusions, and vain passions.
4. Jihad is the struggle to replace the villains in our hearts with goodly traits, such as mercy, honor, humbleness, generosity, gentleness, dignity, love, and other qualities that are aptly described as "heavenly."
5. Jihad is the struggle to fulfill the rights and responsibilities of one's family as well as those who are close, such as neighbors and relatives, to make sure that one does not harm them either with his hand or tongue.
6. Jihad is the struggle to forgive the wrongs of others, to overlook their misgivings, and hide their faults.
7. Jihad is the struggle to help the needy, the orphan, the widow, and the homeless by sacrificing our wealth.
8. Jihad is to show love and gentleness to our young ones, and respect and dignity to our elders.
9. Jihad is to protect the honor and property of every single member of society, whether man or woman.
10. Jihad is the struggle to speak out against injustice, to help the victims of oppressions, to ensure that everyone is given just measure, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or religion.
11. Jihad is to submit our will to Our Creator, thereby achieving peace and unity with the rest of the cosmos in celebrating His Majesty and Glory.
12. Jihad is ultimately that struggle in which we are willing to give our lives in the name of Allah so that these ideals will endure and bring peace and justice to countless others, thus truly bringing the harmony of the heavens down the earth.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:30 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
here do you come up with such excellent pearls of wisdom..
i wonder where u get 'em from..
hmmm.. oh well.. keep up the good work ..
by the way i subscribed to your blog lessons of the day.. but i never get the pearls of wisdom.. is there any way the get the pearls of wisdom on my email?
Post a Comment