Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....43
2. You don't get to choose how you are going to die, or when. You can only decide how you are going to live now-------the way we live is how we die.
3. Too often it takes a direct confrontation with one's mortality to learn the value of the time we have on earth, sometimes it takes a disaster to wake us up and make us realize the blessings we have--------why wait for a wake-up call, why not realize it now!
4. Many of us believe that time is money. Time isn't money; time is everything. The way we spend our time is what our life is all about------in this and the next world.
5. If we spend our time paying attention to the wisdom of our heart rather than the wisdom of our head, we will benefit greatly.
6. Love is always the answer to every question and problem. We are here to love and be loved and learn a few things in the process.
7. To begin anew, we must say goodbye to who we once were. Life is a series of beginnings. The changes, losses, illnesses, and afflictions are not endings, but beginnings. We are changed and have to start a new improved life each time.
8. Have the courage to begin the new life that each day brings you. No matter what changes or losses you have experienced, step back and see where you need to begin.
9. What activities do you do over and over? When was the last time you checked to see if they are serving any good purpose? How long has it been since you asked yourself if that time could be better spent elsewhere?
10. Everything we do and say contributes to what we become. Every kindness done to others, every prejudice overcome, every difficulty subdued, every temptation trampled underfoot, every step forward in the cause of what is good is a step nearer to the goal of being the person we have the potential to be.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 8:58 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment