Thursday, February 28, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....22
2. Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time. The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.
3. Life affords no greater responsibility, no greater privilege, than the raising of the next generation.
4. A child will follow in the footsteps of those he or she admires most. Make sure your footsteps are worth following.
5. A parent teaches character by example, not words. A child learns character by following and imitating, not just listening.
6. Some people complain because God put thorns on roses, while others praise Him for putting roses among thorns.
7. The seed of something good lies at the heart of every tragedy. Part of your challenge is to find it and help it grow.
8. He who thinks himself the wisest is generally the least so. Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
9. When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.
10. Through perseverance many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 8:21 AM