Thursday, February 21, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....19
2. Scoff not at the natural defects of any which are not in their own power to amend. It is cruel to beat a cripple with his own crutches.
3. Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
4. No man has a right to do what he pleases, except when he pleases to do right.
5. Good manners are made up of petty sacrifices. It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich.
6. Sarcasm is the language of the devil, it is jealousy in bold disguise, it is to leave a sting within a brother's heart.
7. A graceful taunt is worth a thousand insults.
8. To keep your secret is wisdom; but to expect others to keep it is folly.
9. Prudent, cautious self-control is wisdom's root. The best time for you to hold your tongue is the time you feel you must say something or bust.
10. Improvement of our way of life is more important than the spreading of it. If we make it satisfactory enough, it will spread automatically.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 10:57 AM