Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....21
2. He who cannot resist temptation is not a man.
3. Associate reverently, as much as you can, with your loftiest thoughts. Great thoughts reduced to practice become great acts.
4. Don't you love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. As if you can kill time without injuring eternity. Lost time is never found again.
5. Short as life is, we make it still shorter by the careless waste of time.
6. Waste neither time nor money, but make the best use of both. Without industry and frugality, nothing will do, and with them everything will.
7. Tolerance is the oil which takes the friction out of life.
8. Surplus wealth is a sacred trust which its possessor is bound to administer in his lifetime for the good of the community.
9. The gratification of wealth is not found in mere possession or in lavish expenditure, but in its wise application.
10. People do not lack strength; they lack will. Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes. Will is character in action.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:12 AM