Thursday, February 14, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....16
2. That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.
3. Knowledge is power. Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.
4. Pray as if everything depended on God, and work as if everything depended upon you.
5. The test of a preacher is that his congregation goes away saying, not "What a lovely sermon" but, "I will do something!"
6. When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures of emotion, creatures bristling with prejudice and motivated with pride and vanity.
7. Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. Putting off an easy thing makes it hard, and putting off a hard one makes it impossible.
8. Men are born with two eyes and two ears, but with one tongure, in order that they should see and hear twice as much as they say.
9. Punishment is justice for the unjust. It is expedient that a wicked man be punished as that a sick man be cured by a physician; for all chastisement is a kind of medicine.
10. Nothing endures but personal qualities. It is the quality of our work which will please God and not the quantity.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:41 AM