Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....15
2. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. Our patience will achieve more than our force.
3. To see what is right, and not do it, is want of courage, or of principle.
4. This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections and work on them.
5. All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare. One that desires to excel should endeavor in those things that are in themselves excellent.
6. There is no failure except in no longer trying. There is no defeat except from within, no really insurmountable barrier save our own inherent weakness of purpose.
7. Consider the postage stamp; it secures success through its ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.
8. Personality is to a man what perfume is to a flower. Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.
9. Compassion is the only one of the human emotions the Lord permitted Himself and it has carried the divine flavor ever since.
10. Pity is not natural to man, it is acquired and improved by the cultivation of reason. We may have uneasy sensations from seeing a creature in distress, without pity; but we have not pity unless we wish to relieve him.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 10:14 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Wonderful! True pearls of wisdom :)
Post a Comment