Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....20
2. He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies.
3. Nothing is more simple than greatness; indeed, to be simple is to be great. Simplicity is the glory of expression.
4. He who falls into a sin is a man; that grieves at it, is a saint; that boasts of it, is a devil.
5. Sin is not harmful because it is forbidden, but it is forbidden because it is hurtful.
6. Slander is the revenge of a coward. To murder character is as truly a crime as to murder the body: the tongue of the slanderer is brother to the dagger of the assasins.
7. Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles. What do we live for if not to make the world less difficult for each other.
8. The strength of a man consists in finding out the way God is going, and going that way.
9. Try not just to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.
10. It is a glorious thing to be indifferent to suffering, but only to one's own. Suffering is the seed from which compassion grows. The salvation of the world is in man's suffering.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 2:49 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment