Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....17
2. A long dispute means that both parties are wrong. When we quarrel, how we wish we had been blameless!
3. Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.
4. Mere connection with what is known as a superior race will not permanently carry an individual forward unless the individual has worth.
5. Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. Reading is a basic tool in the living of a good life.
6. Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them all.
7. What is a man born for but to be a reformer, a remaker of what has been made, a denouncer of lies, a restorer of truth and good?
8.Regret for time wasted can become a power for good in the time that remains, if we will only stop the waste and the idle, useless regretting.
9. Of all acts of man, repentance is the most divine. The greatest of all faults is to be conscious of none.
10. True repentance is to cease from sinning. Repentance is another name for aspiration.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 1:43 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment