1. Be steadfast in the path of truth, the people's love will come to you.
2. Be truthful in your quest and you will inherit heart vision. The fountain heads of gnosis will appear before you.
3. Be truthful in your quest and you will be given divine facilitation to distinguish the true value of all knowledge that comes to you.
4. Advancement is for one who strives and reverence (of God) is for one who knows.
5. Reliance is for one who trusts and fear is for one who is certain.
6. Increase is for one who is thankful.
7. You should know that whatever (understanding) the servant obtains, it is proportionate to his intellectual sagacity, the existence of his knowledge, and his consciousness and obedience of God.
8. Upon whoever God bestows the gift of sound intellect, enlivens with knowledge after bestowing faith upon him, bestows heart-vision through certainty, and gives insight into his own faults; (for such a person) God has facilitated all of the characteristics of righteousness.
9. Seek righteousness through God-consciousness, and take knowledge from reverent people.
10. Know that every intellect not characterized by three things is a source of treachery -- it prefers obedience to sin; it prefers knowledge to ignorance; and it prefers religion to the world. [Above quotes by Imam Harith al Muhasibi]
Post a Comment