1. Guard your intellect by adopting the way of clement people.
2. Let patience accompany you in every situation.
3. Maintain a constant spiritual retreat through the remembrance of God.
4. Accompany blessings with thankfulness.
5. Seek the help of God in everything, and His guidance in every situation.
6. Constantly undertake those acts you would wish to meet God with.
7. Avoid everything you hate in others.
8. Reject the companionship of anyone who does not increase your goodness on a daily basis.
9. Engage in your fair share of pardoning and clemency.
10. Know that a believer's truthfulness is tested in every situation. [Above quotes by Imam Harith al Muhasibi]