1. Make the world a vehicle, and the Hereafter an enduring home.
2. Beware of places that lead to heedlessness, and the attacks of your whims.
3. Beware of the flame of your carnal lust, and of the whimsical desires of your soul.
4. Make your bodily actions subservient to knowledge, focus your concerns by knowing just how close God is to you.
5. Stand before Him like a hired servant, you will find Him Most Compassionate, Most Merciful.
6. Know that whoever gives preference to God, God prefers him.
7. Protect your heart from having a bad opinion of people by the best possible interpretation.
8. Repulse jealousy by cutting short your worldly expectations.
9. Leave every action that will demand an apology from you.
10. Avoid every situation that will encourage pretentious behavior. [Above quotes by Imam Harith al Muhasibi]