1.Some of the most sublime bestowals of God are contentment with the reliance upon God in hardships, and recourse to Him in reverses of fortune.
2. Love is a seizure that God grants to the heart of His servant and that distracts him from everything save Him, so that you can see the soul inclining to obey Him.
3. With God, love consists in casting off the appetitive desires and personal wishes.
4. Allow not your soul to be attached to anything, and you will be one of those well rooted in religious knowledge.
5. If thoughts of disobedience and the world occur your heart, caste them under your feet with disdain and indifference, and your heart will be filled with knowledge and right guidance.
6. There is no guidance at all except for one who fears God, and there is no fear of God (taqwa) except for one who shuns the world.
7. He who neglects his heart despises his religion, and he who is preoccupied with his outer behavior is taking his religion as a jest.
8. If you desire to look toward God with the sight of faith and firm belief continually, then be thankful for the favors of God and be content with His decree . Whatever favor you have is from God.
9. Good intention in relation to matters between God and you means turning the heart respectfully toward God, with respect for the commanding of God, and with respect to what He has commanded.
10. The understanding man is one who has an understanding from God of His signs and whose occupation is remembrance (dhikr) of God and reflection upon His favors -- he appeals to God and so God responds to him. [Above quotes by Shaykh Abul Hasan al Shadhili]
Today's hadith of the day - very scary when you think about it. I think we tend to take the small sins too lightly. I'm certainly guilty of this. This is what sustains shaytaan and keeps him present throughout the day or through extended periods as we keep committing these seeminly small sins, but have a great effect over the long-run. JAZAK'ALLAHU KHAIRAN!
Post a Comment