1. Be preoccupied with addressing your faults from not seeking out the faults of others.
2. It is sufficient proof that a person's character is flawed that he finds in others the same faults that he himself possesses, yet they are hidden from him.
3. Do not be overly pleased by easy times. Verily, gold is tested for its purity by fire. Likewise, a righteous servant is tested by tribulations.
4. You will not reach the level you anticipate except through persevering with what is displeasing to you.
5. Exert your utmost in guarding the obligations God has made incumbent upon you.
6. Speak the truth and act on it, God will increase you in light and heart-vision.
7. Humble yourself before the truth and make yourself subservient unto it.
8. Constantly remember God and you will obtain nearness to Him.
9. Know that the one who has given you sincere advice has displayed love for you.
10. Prefer the truth in every situation and you will benefit. [Above quotes by Imam Harith al Muhasibi]
Ma'sha'allah, these were lovely. Numbers 3 and 4 really spoke to me as I'm going through some hard times relating to my studies. I hope I will persevere even though I don't like it and that I will prevail in these tribulations. Jazak'Allahu Khairan as always.
Post a Comment