1. Religious works revolve around four things -- love, sincerity, shame, and faith.
2. Four virtues needed to enjoy the felicity are -- religious knowledge, scrupulousness, awe before God, and humility towards the servants of God.
3. Serving God consists in reflecting upon God's commands and studying thoroughly the religion of God.
4. The sign of love is the lover being occupied with nothing except his Beloved.
5. The sign of commitment to God is the lack of distress when distasteful things befall.
6. Whenever you come to see that in everything that exists you have no Benefactor except Him, then you will be a thankful servant.
7. May your main concern be three things -- repentance, piety, and vigilance.
8. The work most indicative of love to Him is disdain of the world and despair of its people through living in harmony with them.
9. The Divine ordinances are well known, and the acts of disobedience are common knowledge -- keep the Divine ordinances and shun the acts of disobedience.
10. The love of God is an axis upon which good deeds turn, and a comprehensive principle for the various kinds of Divine gifts. [Above quotes by Shaykh Abul Hasan al Shadhili]
Jazakallah Khair for sharing!
Post a Comment