Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....92
2. Never belittle any talk that involves absent people even if there is no harm in it due to the possibility of harm entering into it.
3. Should you resolve to do something then do it immediately before the resolve wanes and also you do not know whether you will be among the living or the dead tomorrow, so you must act now.
4. Treat others just as you would want to be treated and fulfill that which is due to them.
5. If you desire to live such that your religion is safe and your portion is full and your honor is sound, guard your tongue and never mention another's faults remembering that you yourself have faults and others have tongues.
6. Live treating others well and avoid aggression, and should others aggress against you leave them but in the best way.
7. Do good for the remainder of your life and you will be forgiven for what you did in the past. However, if you do evil in what remains of your life, you will be held responsible for what you did in the past and in the future.
8. The standard for happiness for a believer is whether the work he has done will help him achieve his overall goal of pleasing Allah and attaining Allah's forgiveness and mercy.
9. Everyone who claims to love Allah but does not comply with what Allah has ordered, his claim (to love Allah) is false, and everyone who loves but does not fear Allah has been deceived.
10. Sins bring death to the heart; Abandoning sins is the life of the hearts.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 8:39 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment