Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Friday, October 03, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....89
2. Our actions are wasted by committing them without sincerity.
3. Our wealth is wasted by spending on that which will not bring us reward,
4. Our hearts are wasted for being empty of the love of Allah Most High, and empty of longing to go to Him, and empty of peace and contentment.
5. Our bodies are wasted for not being used mainly for Ibadah and service of Allah Most High.
6. Our love is wasted for being directed towards something or someone and not towards Allah Most High.
7. Our dhikr (remembrance of Allah Most High) is wasted for it does not affect our hearts and our lives.
8. Our time is wasted for not being used properly--------to compensate for that which has passed, by doing what is righteous to make up for the past deeds.
9. Our intellect is wasted for being used for things that are not beneficial, instead of in contemplation or reflection.
10. Our service is wasted for being at the service of someone who will not bring us close to Allah Most High. [Ibn Qayyim al Jawziya]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:56 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment