Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....98
2. The people who go astray are those who focus on the physical and neglect the spiritual.
3. Mercy and kindness is twice blessed; They bless him who gives and him that takes.
4. As a person grows wiser, they talk less and say more.
5. Keep an open mind, but don't keep it too open or people will throw a lot of rubbish into it.
6. Do not just value the things you have in you life. Learn to value who you have in your life.
7. Try not to just become a man of success, but rather a man of value.
8. Not everything that counts can be counted; and not everything that can be counted, counts.
9. Speech is priceless if you speak with knowledge. Weigh it in the scales of the heart before it comes from the mouth.
10. If we listen closely to the words of the wise, and we act on them, perhaps we ourselves will one day be counted among their ranks. Then, our words will serve to guide others.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:40 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment