Friday, October 16, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....198
2. If anyone loves God, everything becomes contemptible to him.
3. If anyone asserts the unity of God, he associates nothing with him.
4. If anyone has faith in God, he is safe from everything.
5. If anyone is resigned to God, rarely does he disobey Him.
6. If he does disobey Him, he begs Him to be excused; if he begs Him to be excused, his excuse is accepted.
7. If anyone has faith in the Divine apportionment, he should not dispute the Divine wisdom.
8. God does not afflict punishment for ease accompanied by humility, but He does inflict punishment for toil accompanied by pride.
9. Love is a fundamental principle for enabling one to understand. So, if anyone loves God, he has from Him an understanding of everything.
10. There are two virtues that facilitate the way to God------mystical knowledge and love. Your love for the material things renders you blind and deaf. [Above quotes by Shaykh Abul Hasan al Shadhili]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 8:33 AM