Tuesday, October 06, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....194
2. Lovers of God should be righteous, they must guard their hands, tongues, and loins from every act forbidden by their Beloved Lord.
3. Lovers should obey the Beloved and fulfill the demands of His obedience with affection, sincerity, and obedience.
4. Lovers strive to ensure that no harm comes to anyone as a result of what they do or say.
5. Lovers of Truth do not notice people's faults, for their own failings blind them to those of others.
6. Lovers of Truth do not curse nor do they wish harm to anyone at all.
7. Affection for those who love God, is in fact affection for God Himself.
8. Anyone who hopes to be together with those loved by God, and His faithful lovers, on the Day of Resurrection, should nourish love and affection toward them.
9. A heart without love for the Truth is the house of Satan.
10. A heart that is enlivened by the love of God, enlightened by the love of the Prophet (peace and blessings by upon him), polished and cleansed by ardent remembrance-------such is the heart called 'qalb saleem'. [Above quotes by Shaykh Muzaffar Ozak]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:18 AM