Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....196
2. Do not sit except where you are likely to be safe from disobeying Allah.
3. Do not keep the company except of him you seek help from in obeying Allah.
4. Do not take as your friend except him through whom your certainty increases.
5. He who guides you to this world has cheated you; he who guides you to works has tired you; but he who guides you to Allah has truly counseled you.
6. To turn to people's acceptance is to turn away from Allah.
7. Faith is strengthened by thanksgiving for graces, endurance under trial, and contentment with the Divine decree.
8. Trust is strengthened by parting company with the lower self, forgetting men, depending on the True One, and persistence in invoking God in dhikr.
9. Servant ship is strengthened by persisting in neediness, impotence, weakness and lowliness before God.
10. The heart has four defenses against evil----------binding the heart to God; renouncing what is other than God; looking not with your eyes upon what God has forbidden; and moving not your feet where you do not expect God's reward. [Above quotes by Shaykh Abul Hasan al Shadhili]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:18 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment