Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....192
2. One who is sincere in his love for his Beloved will be obedient to his Loved One.
3. Love and affection for God, is to expel and erase from the heart everything unwanted and unloved by God--------the Lord of Majesty and Perfection.
4. Love and affection for God, is to burn to ashes all bad qualities, attributes and desires for the sake of the command and will of the True Beloved.
5. Love and affection for God, is to cleanse the self in the ocean of spiritual knowledge, and to enlighten it with the radiance of affection.
6. The lover will sacrifice for the Beloved reason, logic, and interest, will obey the Beloved in perfect bondage.
7. The lover will be ready to sacrifice everything he has for the Beloved. One who cannot lay down his life for the Beloved has no business pretending to the title of lover.
8. If you really are a lover of Truth, you must always and everywhere prefer God's words to the words of men.
9. If you love God be with Him and find Him in yourself. Be ever in search of His pleasure and desirous of His beauty.
10. The shortest route by which to draw near to God is dhikr (remembrance), by dhikr alone would it be possible to attain Divine Approval. [Above quotes by Shaykh Muzaffar Ozak]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:00 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment