Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....147
1. Internal inclination is a key to Divine opportunity/ Tawfeeq.
2. Dua is the key to acceptance.
3. Austerity in this world is the key to inclination toward the akhirah.
4. Meditation is the key to Iman.
5. Iman and sincerity is the key to getting close to Allah.
6. Pondering over the Qur'an, dua at the time of dawn and abstention from sins is the key for reviving the heart.
7. Worshipping Allah as though you are seeing Him and endeavoring to benefit the creation is the key for incurring the mercy of Allah.
8. Seeking forgiveness and fear of Allah is the key to sustenance.
9. Obedience to Allah and His prophet (PBUH) is the key to respect.
10. Laziness and the love of luxuries is the key to destruction and deprivation.
11. Falsehood and lying is the key to hypocrisy.
[Above quotes by Allamah ibn al Qayyim]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 10:45 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment