Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Pearls of Wisdom....146
2. Don't be so sweet that people swallow you, nor so bitter that they spit you out.
3. Don't delay repentance, for death may take you unawares.
4. Do not make friends with stupid people, lest you develop a liking for their foolish talk.
5. Do not incur enmity of a wise man, lest he should turn away from you in disgust-----------and you would be deprived of getting benefit from his wisdom.
6. Let the pious partake of your food, and always consult scholars in your affairs.
7. The worst of men is the one who does not mind being watched while doing an evil deed.
8. Develop the habit of eating less, sleeping less, and talking less.
9. Do not make hasty decisions.
10. Do not miss any opportunity to good, and get the most out of it.
[Above quotes by Hakeem Luqman]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 8:51 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment