Keeping alive the Islamic tradition of scholarship, insight, and purification...one day at a time.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....59
2. To have inner peace we need to learn to see the value of forgiveness. Unforgiving thoughts do not really bring us the peace of mind that we inwardly seek.
3. Those who are helping others and are concerned about the larger issues seem happier, more content than those who are just seeking their own selfish pleasures.
4. Who we are does not depend on what others think, but on the values and thoughts we have about ourselves.
5. Things change, not because we are controlling others, but because we change. Each day is an opportunity for growth and renewal.
6. Prayer is the real action in the full sense of the word, because prayer is the only thing that changes one's character. A change in character, or a change in soul, is a real change.
7. Force gratitude until it becomes habitual. Gratitude is the alchemy that turns problems into blessings, and the unexpected into gifts.
8. Our past is a series of lessons that advance us to higher levels of living and loving.
9. One of the greatest gifts we can give is an open, loving heart. And holding on to negative feelings from past relationships is our greatest barrier to that gift.
10. We need to teach the children to make it a better world. We need to teach truth, honesty, kindness, tolerance, humility, and the Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:26 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment