Friday, June 06, 2008
Pearls of Wisdom....56
2. The true meaning of life is to plant a tree under whose shade you do not expect to sit.
3. Life is a movement, activity, striving, fighting against baser things. We have too much to do, too little time.
4. Not a day passes which does not say, "so be careful of what you do during my stay." When the day has passed, it is folded up and sealed.
5. You don't get to choose how you are going to die or when. You can only decide how you are going to live now. A person without a goal is like a ship without a rudder which runs on the mercy of wind and waves.
6. We do things which make us feel good but self-care also means not doing certain things that make us feel bad.
7. Each of us can make a difference. We can each choose to live a life in which we can say, when we die, that the world is a better place for our having been here. Our goal should be to live and not just to survive.
8. We are our own teachers and disciplinarian. Through practice we learn to surrender ourselves to good.
9. Loving and forgiving is what life is all about. It is something to do, not something to try to do.
10. People may seem to be perfectly impossible. They may seem to be mean and small and sly. But if we will take ten paces to the left and look again with the light falling at a different angle, very likely we will see that they are generally generous and warm and kind. It all depends on the point from which we are seeing them.
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:54 AM