One of the greatest means to prevent Satan from overwhelming our hearts is to know the entrances he exploits to find a way into them. Some of them are:
1. Anger and lustfulness.
2. Jealousy and avarice.
3. Overeating -- this strengthens the carnal appetites which are the weapons of Satan.
4. Love of ostentatious furniture, clothing and houses.
5. Seeking to impress people.
6. Haste and inadequate preparation for tasks.
7. The love of money.
8. Stinginess and fear of poverty.
9. A fanatical defense of one's positions and opinions.
10. A bad opinion of other Muslims. [Imam Ghazali]
Post a Comment