1. Know that the most relaxed people are those with the least worldly concerns -- they are the true ascetics.
2. The most stressed people are those with the worldliest preoccupations -- they are those obsessed with the world.
3. The characteristic that is most helpful in attaining true asceticism is abandoning the expectation of a long life.
4. Know that there is no path more accessible than truthfulness, no guide surer than knowledge, and no provision more beneficial than piety.
5. The nobility of a believer lies in his piety, his forbearance in his patience, his intellect in his effort to beautify himself, his love in his ability to overlook and pardon others, and his honor in his humility and gentleness.
6. Nothing is more stronger in negating the whisper of Satan than abandoning excess.
7. Nothing gives more illumination to the heart than a magnanimous spirit.
8. One who knows God does not blame Him.
9. One who understands God is pleased with His decree.
10. Act on the truth, trust in God, command good and forbid wrong. [Above quotes by Imam Harith al Muhasibi]
Post a Comment