1. Exalt God's mention by not attributing calamities to Him.
2. Profit from your time, and realize how much of it is wasted by night and by day.
3. Consider well those who have gone before you.
4. Constantly repent to God. Reflect on the fate of the two parties that will stand before God: A party that will be in Heaven owing to His pleasure, and a party in the blazing inferno of Hell having incurred His anger.
5. Know just how close God is to you, and honor the noble angels recording your every deed.
6. Receive the blessings of God by trying to understand the wisdom behind them by praising God and thanking Him in the very best manner.
7. Beware of your soul causing you to imagine spiritual stations for yourself that you have not attained, or holding the truth to be foolishness by demeaning people -- both of these are deadly poison.
8. Avoid fearing that you will fall from the esteem of people, by fearing that God will hate you for that.
9. Avoid the fear of poverty by realizing just how close the expiration of your life span is.
10. Divide your time into three parts: A third for seeking knowledge, a third for worship, and a third for dealing with your rights and responsibilities. [Above quotes by Imam Harith al Muhasibi]