Friday, January 15, 2010
Pearls of Wisdom....219
2. Conscience is total good. If a believer has conscience, he is aware of what he is doing and he cannot do wrong.
3. When a heart is filled with conscience, the possessor of that heart encounters no harm either in this world or in the Hereafter.
4. The sign of a man with conscience is his lack of arrogance and self-importance. He never oppresses or tries to dominate others.
5. Try to undo the knots of your persistence in sinning. Knot over knot ties you up. How are you going to save yourself?
6. Are you sure, as you inhale, that this is not your last breath?
7. Death will seize you by the throat; yet you persist in piling wrong upon wrong, sin upon sin.
8. Do not turn your back on One Who created you; face Him and repent. Do it now, without delay, for you do not know when death will break you in two.
9. The Prophet (peace and blessings upon him) whom He sent as a mercy upon the universe said that Allah accepts your repentance until the time when your breath is being choked out of you, at the moment of death throes it is too late.
10. Death comes without warning--------to some while eating, to some while drinking, to others in deep sleep from which they do not awake. If you keep warning your lower self, with the help of Allah the knots of binding your heart will be untied. That is the only way to be saved. [Above quotes by Shaykh Muhyuddin Ibn Arabi]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 9:49 AM