Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Pearls of Wisdom....218
2. No one who has been generous has ever perished in destitution.
3. If you wish to find the truth and have Allah's pleasure and support in it, then avoid being negative and control your temper and anger.
4. If you cannot stop your anger, at least do not show it. When you do this, you will please Allah and disappoint the devil, and you will begin to educate your ego.
5. Anger is a result and a sign of the ego not being under control, like a wild animal untied and uncaged. As you control your temper, it is as if you put a bridle on its head and barriers around it---------Give heed to this advice and make it a habit.
6. If you hold your temper, the All-Just will also hold back His punishment for your sins, which are punishable by His divine wrath.
7. Your forgiving will be rewarded by His forgiving you. What better benefit may one expect for effort in bearing hardship caused by your brothers and sisters in faith?
8. Allah will treat you the way He has ordered you to treat others---------so try to assume the good qualities of being just, peaceful, helpful, gentle, and loving.
9. To leave anger, to replace it with bearing hardship, with forgiving, with caring for the one who causes the hardship, is one of the cornerstones of the foundation of love.
10.Open your heart to receive divine benevolence. A benevolent heart becomes the mirror in which Allah's favors are manifest. When the divine favors manifest and come through you, when you feel His presence, you will feel shame at your improper actions. This will cause both both you and others to have conscience. Thus your benevolence will protect you and others from sin. [Above quotes by Shaykh Muhyuddin Ibn Arabi]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 11:54 AM