Wednesday, January 06, 2010
Pearls of Wisdom....216
2. Lawful sustenance, the lawfulness of all your joy in this world, is the foundation of your faith. It is upon this foundation that your religion can be built.
3. A clear sign of the lawfulness of one's gain is that it will not permit you to be either stingy or a spendthrift.
4. Take care, since if the love of this world takes root firmly in your heart, it constricts your heart, and it becomes exceedingly hard to pull it out and throw it away.
5. This world is a trial ground; don't seek comfort and riches in it.
6. Be light in worldly goods, light in concerns about this world.
7. Eat less. That will leave more space in your heart and will increase your desire to pray and be obedient. It will make you more active and less lazy.
8. Cleanse and beautify your days and nights with worship. The generous Lord asks you to His presence five times a day.
9. Do your prayers at the times He calls you, and at each prayer make an accounting of your actions since the last prayer. It is to be hoped that the only good deeds and actions befitting a Muslim are done between the times of prayer.
10. Be thankful and praise Him for your good qualities, and feel shame for the qualities missing in you, so that you may hope to find the character of the faithful in yourself. [Above quotes by Shaykh Muhyuddin Ibn Arabi]
Posted by Mrs. Iffath Hasan at 10:31 AM